I have got some problems with one of my mailbox databases on my Microsoft Exchange Server 2016 server, its has been corrupt for some months without me could repair it and now it was time to remove the whole Exchange server from the organisation.
So i tested everything and search for some help and after some time i find out that you can force the removla of a exchange server mailbox database from the ADSI Edit tool.
Practical you telling the AD to remove the knowledge of the database with this hack.
- Start with log on to the Domain Controller
- From the start menu select run and enter adsiedit.msc and press run button.
- In the tool, right-click ADSI Edit and select Connect to.
- In the “Connection Settings”-dialog under “Select a well known Naming Context” select Configuration and click OK.
- Navigate to CN=Configuration [domain] → CN=Services → CN=Microsoft Exchange → CN=[organization] → CN=Administrative Groups → CN=Databases
- Identify the Mailbox Database containers that you like to remove and delete them.
Make sure that you are not deleting working mailboxes from the list, if you delete any by mistake you will have to delete & recreate the entire user using Active Directory Users & Computers.